Nowadays, no matter the size of a business, rapidly growing technology is revolutionizing its core concepts. This is why every business needs an attractive and engaging website for its customers and viewers.
With the advent of new domain extensions such as .tech, .site, .online, .store, .space, etc., every business has the opportunity to build a website on a brand-able domain extension. This helps businesses differentiate themselves from their competitors and gives the impression that the company is updated with the latest trends and continuously adapts to change.
Today, the main objective of creating a website is to grab and retain the attention of customers. New domain extensions are great tools to attract customers by way of your domain name. Another important factor is building an engaging website so that customers spend more time on it.
A customer is more likely to buy something from a website that looks attractive and promising than a basic website. Therefore, building a good website is a key success factor for every business.
What is an interactive website?
As the name suggests, an interactive website allows users to interact with the website components and have a great user experience that is not restricted to only clicking and scrolling.
Responsive websites are made by designers whose main job is to offer a user-oriented sense of personalization and a visual treat to the website visitors. This encourages your website visitors to engage with your content, increasing traffic and generating sales for your business.
According to HubSpot, 45% of B2B buyers consider interactive content as the most preferred type of content.
What are the benefits of an interactive website?
The main objective of a business today is to expand its audience through digital marketing, and retaining user attention is only possible through an interactive website. It is never too late to convert your static website to an interactive website.
The following are the benefits of an interactive website:
- Interactive websites proportionally increase user engagement and help in retaining user attention.
- Users are likely to spend more time on an interactive website rather than a less interactive one.
- Interactive websites provide users with a personalized user experience and help increase the number of satisfied customers.
- Interactive websites create a positive impact on the users and generate top-of-the-mind recall.
- There is a higher chance of users recommending your interactive website to other users.
How to create an interactive website?
Some of the most noticeable interactive websites include forms, blogs, social networks, etc. There are numerous interactive website builders to choose from.
HTML5 and CSS should give you primitive exposure to an interactive website through their not-so-customizable and time-saving templates. But there are new technologies and software to provide more flexibility and diverseness to create an interactive responsive website.
For example, if you are building your website for mathematical calculations, then it must have a scientific keyboard and a calculator to help users calculate certain formulas right into the website. Thus, there are numerous ways to make responsive websites that are also user-friendly.
What are the must-have features for an interactive website?
1. Social Media Connect
Social media is a very useful medium to promote businesses and websites. Therefore, your website needs to have a built-in social media application for the users to share and recommend the website on their respective social media handles.
2. User Personalization
Your responsive website must have some room for personalization to examine or measure your customers’ tastes. This also provides room for changing or improving the elements which work or do not work for specific customers.
3. Interactive Elements
Interactive page elements like videos, GIFs, and pop-up animations (like scrolling and on-click animations) play a crucial role in acquiring user attention and help your website visitors to better understand what your responsive website is targeting.
4. Visually Appealing Design
Innovative design will help increase the overall traffic to your website and generate brand awareness among the users who visit your interactive website. Increasing the number of backlinks by compelling users to share your website is also crucial for your website. An interactive website’s design needs to be functional and provide a great visual treat to interacting users. The things to keep in mind are the color scheme, the icon theme, and the font families used on the website. These must be consistent throughout all the pages and elements. Users will not engage with your website if the content is unattractive or non-interactive.
5. Forms and User Feedback
Forms and feedback are a good way to connect with the users visiting your responsive website. If your website is interactive and visually appealing, the chances of user feedback increase, thus creating more faithful customers.
6. Other Interactive Website Features
The following are the most used active features to keep in mind while creating an interactive website:
1. Google Maps provides a good way to improve user interaction and increases trustworthiness
2. Newsletters keep your customers engaged with the latest information about your business
3. Voting and showing users the results of your previous polls helps increase trust and engagement
4. Search bar functionalities within your website help users navigate through your website more effectively
5. Ratings are a quick visual way to inject trust and loyalty within your customers and increase the chances of getting instant feedback to improve your products/services/work
6. Slideshows offer a great way to engage users and increase their urge to see the next image
7. Internal Links help increase traffic to your website and users consider it useful to find relevant content throughout your website
Engaging content and interactive elements are the key factors for any successful website. Numerous industrial-grade website builders are available to help you create your responsive website, which can be an attention magnet for your customers.
Businesses are constantly engaging resources to create a loyal audience and increase their brand identity. Research is being conducted to evaluate the impact of dynamic website designing and how it generates leads and builds trust.
Thus, it is never too late to convert your business to an interactive website.